Professional 16oz Boston Shaker Glass
Cocktail Boston Shaker Glass is the other half of the Boston Cocktail Shaker.
Our Professional 16oz Boston Shaker Glass is ideal for single serve cocktails Traditional shaker. This Stainless Steel Boston Cocktail Shaker comes with a range of features making this the ideal product for any bar. The Shaker features a traditional timeless design & stainless steel finish allowing this product to fit perfectly in any establishment from high end to smaller more casual bars.
The Boston Shaker can be used for shaking or stirring a cocktail. This is part of the reason it's so popular: it's a multi-tasker. When using a Boston Shaker you'll need a strainer to keep the ice and other non-liquid ingredients out of the drink while you pour it into the appropriate serving glass.
16oz Glass Dimensions (approx.)
Capacity – 16oz
Height – 140mm
Diameter at Base – 60mm
Diameter at Top – 88mm
The Professional 16oz Boston Shaker Glass goes hand in hand with our 28oz Shaker Tins & 4 prong Strainers
Why not check out some of our cocktail making videos here
HOW TO MIX A COCKTAIL
When preparing a shaken cocktail, you have two basic types of mixing vessels to choose from: the 18oz shaker tin and the Boston shaker glass. .
To the beginner, the prospect of using this simple, two-piece glass-and-metal set can sometimes feel a little daunting. (Metal and glass slammed together at unlikely angles! Liquids and ice chunks flying at high velocity, restrained by little more than a vacuum seal!) But with just a little practice, mixing with a Boston shaker will become second nature in no time at all.
1. There are two parts to a Boston shaker set: a mixing glass (made of tempered glass) and a snug-fitting metal 28oz tin. A 4 prong strainer is usually used as an accessory to this type of shaker.
2. To begin, place your ingredients in the glass portion of the shaker and fill it up a little more than halfway with ice. (It's also possible to use the metal portion of the set for this step, but the glass allows you and your guests a better view of the action.)
3. Now take the metal 28oz tin and fit it over the glass at a slight angle.
5. Now test the strength of the seal by lifting the shaker off the bar slightly while holding the set by its top end. (If things aren't secure, give the shaker another whack with the heel of your hand and test again.)
6. Time to get shaking. Before you begin, turn the set upside down so the glass end is pointing upwards. Place one hand on the bottom of the metal 28oz tin and the other securely across the top of the glass tumbler. (This way, in the unlikely event of a breach in the seal, spills will splash on you, not your guests!) Shake vigorously so that the ice and liquid travel all the way upward into the glass portion of the shaker. You want to "shake it awake, not rock it to sleep."
7. After 30 seconds or so of shaking, place the shaker back on the counter, metal side down. Holding the unit firmly by its base, use the heel of your free hand to give it a sharp whack at its rim. This should break the seal. (If this doesn't work the first time, try again from a slightly different angle.)
8. Now that your ingredients are thoroughly mixed, and chilled, it's time to strain out the ice. Place the 4 prong strainer over the top of the metal tumbler. The four metal tabs on the top half of the device and the coiled spring around its bottom circumference ensure the strainer fits snugly over and inside the lip of the shaker.
9. Now you're ready to pour. Hold the shaker in one hand with your forefinger resting firmly on top to anchor the 4 prong strainer. Tip the shaker gently, allowing the liquid to stream slowly into the cocktail glass. Cheers!
We aim to get your order to you as soon as possible.
Postage starts at £3.95 to the UK mainland only and will be sent via Royal Mail 2nd class. This can be upgraded at the checkout or spend over £30 for free delivery.
Please allow 3 business days for delivery, and add 2 if engraving. This is a maximum time we try to get them to you as quickly as possible.
Orders that are posted 1st Class Recorded are not guaranteed in a certain time, they require a signature on delivery. Once orders have left us they are in the hands of the Royal Mail.
Your order will usually be dispatched the same working day or if after 3 pm, the next day.
If special delivery has been selected the order must be placed by 3 pm Mon-Thurs, 2 pm Fri or it will be dispatched the day after.
We are not responsible for customs charges to other countries.
We hope the products you order are to your satisfaction if not, the following policy applies regarding returns.
If you have any problems with your order for any reason (faulty, defective or no longer wanted) you must return your goods unused in its original condition within 30 days for a replacement or refund.
Engraved products cannot be returned unless they are faulty or not customised correctly, unwanted engraved products are non-returnable.
We do not cover the cost of returning goods.
For personalised items, we do not accept returns unless they are personalised incorrectly.
The address your goods are dispatched to is taken straight from PayPal and printed on to our labels. We are not responsible if you fail to update your PayPal information and your order is sent to an alternative address. If your order is sent back to us due to a lack of correct address then we may require additional postage being paid.